Sunday, May 14, 2006

THE EMPRESS (III)

For today, Mother's Day, I've chosen THE EMPRESS (III) card of The Tarot. The below version is from the Victoria Regina Tarot deck:



Here’s THE EMPRESS (III) in The Rider/Waite/Smith Tarot:



THE EMPRESS: Since it’s Mother’s Day I thought it would be appropriate to post about what is often considered the archetypal mother in The Tarot. In my other blog (see link at bottom of this post) I’ve celebrated in poetry the lives of my two mothers. Here, in my choice of The Empress from the Victoria Regina Tarot, I’m celebrating the lives of my grandmothers. This particular III even strongly resembles old photos I remember seeing of my father’s mother in her youth.

DIFFERENT TAKES ON MEANINGS FOR THE EMPRESS (III):

The underlying mechanism of empathy: creative imagination – one imagines what it’s like to be in someone else’s shoes.

One needs to reclaim one’s strong, caring, independent aspects.

Boredom or monotony, probably rising from not using one’s creative energies.

Can represent (and sometimes predict) an actual person of influence – usually, though not always, a woman. More so than other cards commonly said to represent an actual person (e.g. the Court cards).


* * * *

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

Resource: Wikipedia-The Empress. This is a great site on which to look up almost anything.

‘til next time, enjoy the creativity The Tarot can inspire,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Renee,

Glad you enjoyed your visit and that you are interested in The Tarot. I encourage you to check out sites like Aeclectic Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net; scroll down to "Learn the Basics") to get a wider view of Tarot cards and their meanings.

However, it would be lovely if you keep checking back in here to see what else I've posted. Among future posts will be a review of a book I highly recommend on Tarot journaling.

Thanks for taking the time to both visit and comment.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home