Monday, September 04, 2006

ONE WAY TO UNDERSTAND THE FOOL CARD (Poem)

[The Fool in the Rider/ Waite/ Smith deck]


I wrote the below little poem many years ago when I was still going to poetry readings. One rainy Saturday afternoon, it was my delight to hear an intriguing man, new to the poetry scene, read his powerful poetry.


ONE WAY TO UNDERSTAND THE FOOL CARD

She had forgotten how it felt
to be drawn so to a man.

To stand breathless
at the edge of a cliff,
awed by the unexpected view,
with a voice whispering
in the back of her mind:

Jump!


* * * *

By the way, I did not "jump." Not doing anything may have been even more of a "Foolish" risk than jumping, as I never did get to know that poet.

P.S. I'll address The Fool card in my usual fashion in a future post.

Resource: Are You Too Negative? Positive Thinking With Tarot Cards, a good article by Angela Booth, with suggestions that can be adapted for other focuses than negativity.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep taking (sensible :-D) risks, and enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home