Saturday, June 28, 2008

A TAROT FAIRY

I just stumbled across this fabulous Tarot costume photo. It was taken by "giddygirlie" at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con:

A Fairy in a Tarot Gown

What a lot of imagination, not to mention work, went into this. Wish I could have seen it "live and in person." I don't imagine, though, she could sit down ... unless she had a small chair/stool scooted up underneath it ... or maybe it was flexible like those old hoop skirts this old lady remembers wearing in her long ago youth. But even those hoops took a lot of negotiation or one wound up rather exposed up front when sitting down. LOL!

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, where and whenever it shows up in life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

3 Comments:

Blogger LGD said...

"hoops took a lot of negotiation or one wound up rather exposed up front when sitting down"

Photos-- please!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Only if another woman of my age will share hers! :-D

Worse than those hoops (which I gave up on rather quickly) were the crinolines. We had less than two minutes in school to change into our gymn outfits and stuff a gazillion fluffy crinolens into a small locker. Seriously! Not those full length ones, but those barely a foot square and maybe, just maybe, 2 feet deep ... and you had to fit all your books and notebooks, bag, etc. into it as well. If I didn't already mostly dislike gymn, that alone would have finished it for me.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is looking like a women from world of fantasy.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home