Sunday, April 13, 2008

THE TAROT CHAPEL OF AVENIERES

The links below come with my thanks to Mary K. Greer and her blog. I just have to share them here. You can read the details at the links below, but briefly put these are Tarot card wall mosaics, in a sanctuary dedicated to an American heiress's deceased beloved sister:

TAROT MOSAIC CARDS IN THE CHAPEL (groups of Major Arcana)

At the bottom of this above page, is a link "the XXII Tarot's card, one by one." It will take you to a page with each of the Major Arcana, one by one. (I tried using a Tiny URL version of this page's address, but it did not work. And neither did the full address link.) There are links below this one to the Majors, to other information about the Chapel and its history.

As I viewed these wonderful mosaics, I was immediately put in mind of The Portmeirion Tarot and Niki de Saint Phalle's Tarot Garden. I love when Tarot Archetypes leave their small playing card homes, to dance in space.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

Thank you for sharing this delightful visit to the Tarot sanctuary! What an enchanting tour!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, that's the word for them "enchanting." I've finally put up some large Tarot posters I brought with me to my new home in California. They bring such magic to my space. I can't imagine (actually I can LOL!) what it would feel like to stand in front of this Chapel's huge mosaics.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Hi there :)
I am new to Tarot but have been using the Runes for some time. Then, a week or so ago, Tarot kind of called to me. I just stumbled on your lovely, informative blog!
Many thanks
Blessings
Melanie (also Puddle!!)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Melanie,

What a charming "alias," puddle duck. :-) I visited your blog and really like your hummingbird poem, BTW. I also think (am I hallucinating? LOL) that I saw your old blog ... the name puddle duck and the photo is vaguely familiar.

The way you are going about developing your relationship to The Tarot is wonderful to see. Keep paddling!

Thanks so much for visiting.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Flower said...

Thank you Roswila :)
The poem just came along one day to me - I just wish they would come more often!
Blessings
Melanie
x

1:28 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

I think I may know exactly what you mean...I wish poems would present themselves so much more often and more directly. I almost always have to chase them down, those wild things! Seriously. A little idea niggles at the back of my mind and rushes right off unless I respond very quickly. And if I do choose to follow it down right away, then the real work starts. Rarely does writing (either prose or poetry) just flow. I have always envied those for whom it does. :-)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home