Thursday, February 28, 2013

ANOTHER POSSIBLE "HERMIT" (IX) CARD for THE FOUND TAROT


This HERMIT card (IX) is another version of the picture I just posted to my photo blog yesterday. It hit me on posting that version -- called "Lantern" -- that it is also The Hermit. But when I looked at "Lantern" today it cried out for revision, for a larger space in which to bring out The Hermit. I also tried changing the color to reflect the more common pale blue/grey of The Hermit in many decks. But it did not work for me; I keep seeing the simple brown cassock of a monk in this now larger version above and that feels more fitting.

And for comparison, here below is The Hermit in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:


As to a meaningful sense of IX in my life right now? (Whenever I trip over one of my photos that reveals a Tarot card it has something to say to me.) Some background is necessary. For many years before leaving New York City for California five years ago I was encouraged by others to teach -- Tarot, poetry, dreamwork. So, every so often I did teach classes. Yet somehow, though they were moderately successful, I never felt at home in them. I enjoyed the preparation but beyond that not so much. Here's where The Hermit comes in. One of the meanings for IX is "teaching by example." Well, I never quite liked that way of looking at it. (I have never been able to see setting myself up as an example for anything.) However, I continued to think more on it throughout those years. Eventually realizing it could be read as a very telegraphed way of saying to live your life. To "do your thing," honestly and fully, without concern about teaching others anything. Others will learn/absorb what they need/want to from you along the way. This felt fine, as I often do this with others myself. In fact I'd say I've learned more from others simply by witnessing their living process, than from any course or lecture.

I hope I'll be able to recall all this when I do my first poetry reading in our community's Talent show tonight in over a year. I will be lifting my little light, sharing what gives me joy and sustenance. And my fellow residents will receive what they need or want (or not), each according to their own lights.

* * * *
'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home