Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE FOUR OF SWORDS and THE MOON for The Found Tarot


Above is a possible Four of Swords (4s) for The Found Tarot. I posted it recently on my dreams & poetry blog with a dream poem. It's also one of those occasional photo and dream pairings that I print out and stick up on the wall near my computer. It kept drawing my eye more than these pairs do after the first day or two. I thought probably because I love the colors. But then it hit me: the 4S, duh! Its mundane name is "Dreaming of Home" and the figure on the Rider/ Waite/ Smith (RWS) 4S might be dreaming, too. (I gave it that name before I'd consciously recognized the 4S in the pic.) For comparison, here's the RWS 4S:


And here below is another photo that catches my eye every time I open it's folder for some other photo. Its mundane name is "The Road Back." I had lots of trouble naming this photo two years ago when I took it because I kept wanting to use "star" or "crab" in the title, but neither word really worked. And I'd not yet tripped over the idea for a Found Tarot, so not even "crab" clued me in back then to The Moon (XVIII) card:


For compasion, here's The Moon in the RWS deck:


A final note: the ultimate feeling I get from working with these two cards is of a desire to escape, to go home, to find or wend one's way home or back. And as happens every time with cards/photos I post here (and even sometimes with non-Tarot related photos I pick for my other blogs) there's more than a little truth in that spontaneous surfacing of "meaning." Those who know I've only been living in California for about 3-1/2 years might be tempted to think I'm home sick for New York City where I'd lived my entire life. But not so. The home I'm sick for is an internal one. The home inside myself that all too often folds up its tent and moves on without me. Leaving me lost and exposed and in the dark, "Dreaming of Home."


* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Opening to the Light (for digital pix only), and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

Love, love, love these additions to The Found Tarot! :-)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Your comment? A bright ray of light during this "dark night of the soul" I'm trying to dream my way through.

BTW, I'm going to be doing a post about XII soon (but not Found Tarot) in which I'll be posting XII from your Portmeirion Tarot (http://www.mysteryarts.com/portmeirion/tarot/). I came across my copy recently and had great fun going through it.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

I love your blog, Roswila. Your post are always fresh and informative. Thanks for sharing. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Right back atcha, Wendy. :-) Your WHISPERING PATH blog is a beauty. Thanks for stopping by.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Sajuno said...

I've rediscovered your wonderful blogs. I love the found tarot images. I too took a photo of the dreaming woman in the garden but haven't played with it yet. Your image is absolutely beautiful.

Sara

11:19 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks so much, Sara. Especially because I got to discover your blog, which I didn't know you had. What wonderful art work and those fun fish! (http://saj-billy.blogspot.com/)

blessings....

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Diana said...

I like your way of thinking but I don't agree with the fact that the moon can represent desire to escape, for me it represents lonelyness, sadness but desire to escape comes more with the hanged man who is linked and cannot move. But Yes, this idea with the moon can be acceptable if we see an island on the card...
:-)

4:16 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Diana,

I hear the distinction you are making between The Moon and The Hanged Man with respect to "escape," and thank you for it. It may be helpful in future readings I do for myself.

And I'll just add that in this particular post I was not so much offering possible interpretations for either the 4S or The Moon, but talking about what their combined impact was on me at that moment in time; what they were saying to me about my life and feelings. In other words, I was projecting onto them. Which is basically how I actually read with the cards. Sort of fancy Rorschach ink blots. :-)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home