Sunday, December 02, 2012

THREE CARD READING FOUND IN A DREAM

Today’s post is a bit of a departure from my usual wont. I had a dream recently in which the Tarot played a major role. Oddly enough, this has always been somewhat unusual for me, so when the Tarot shows up in a dream I pay close attention not only to that dream but to any specific cards appearing in it. Three cards were clearly referenced in this dream of November 29th (with others implied). [If you’d like to read the dreamku (dream poem) I wrote and posted about this dream, click on this link.]

The three dream cards challenged me to relate to them as a reading. Below is what I felt and thought as I sat last night with them in my mind as if I had just laid them out on my lap desk. (The image before each of my card comments is from the Rider/Waite/Smith deck, though when I was “reading” them I did not “see” any particular deck’s cards. Rather I was aware of a layering of many different deck designs and portions thereof, as I do when actually viewing cards in a physical layout.)


TEMPERANCE (sometimes called ART): Living one’s life may be the most difficult and creative art of all. With all its givens, we often can create little more than our responses to life. Yet this is no mean feat, requiring balance, flexibility, and strength, and most of all acceptance. [Temperance/Art was the subject of the previous post to this blog and includes my Found Tarot version. Just scroll down.]


THE MOON: I recall that famous haiku of Basho’s about staring up at the moon and being “grateful that clouds come to rest our necks.” As if The Moon card’s liminality portends a time of relief from the insistence on clarity and definition. A chance to enjoy the ease of shadows and shapelessness, before the gnawing need to comprehend and find form asserts itself again.


THE WORLD (sometimes called THE UNIVERSE): Ultimately, yes, "the world is too much with us," but in any of its endless guises it’s always and ever the only show in town. And the curtain is always rising on some new act, or scene, or overture. Enjoy the unfolding of the cosmic play on infinity's stage.

[end of dream/Tarot reading]

That “advice” to "enjoy the unfolding of the cosmic play on infinity's stage" is what I keep hearing (in one form or another) and not only in Tarot readings. It comes up in lots of the literature I’ve been reading, both fiction and non-fiction, and even some T.V. shows as well. Not usually so explicitly stated and sometimes it’s just where I go on my own with what’s being raised. In any case, it would be nice if after kicking and fighting almost every inch of the way for 69 years, I could finally lay back more and just enjoy the show. Or as was said a great deal in my long ago hippie youth: go with the flow.

* * * *
'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.****

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

Really lovely post! Like you, I rarely have Tarot show up in dreams. So neat that you layer multiple decks in your mind's eye!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

It's always a treat to see your name and photo in my blogger comments! Happy Holidays and many blessings to you and yours.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home