Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A TRIO OF NEW FOUND TAROT* CARDS with READING

THE MOON (XVIII)
[6-15-15 001v5]


THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE (X)
[7-3-13 001]


THE TWO OF WANDS (2W)
[5-6-10 10005v3d]

All three Found Tarot cards* I've put up today are newly created versions of photos of mine. XVIII and X were made from more recent pix and the 2W is from a five year old one. Before going on to the reading, some background: I've been having great fun going through what were almost 13,000 pix I've taken over the seven years I've been living here in CA. That is, archiving (to an external drive) those I want now only for history's sake, and completely deleting those that seem hopeless for any use, not even as "templates" for abstracts. In addition to archiving or deleting (or stumbling on new Found Tarot cards) I also often see new ways of relating to way too many of my pix. So that I then wind up creating even more pix out of my older ones. However, I am managing to stay ahead overall, and have gotten the load of pix on my computer down to a bit over 11,000 so far.

I went into all that because I see the above three cards offering a Tarot reading, as I usually do when I post Found Tarot. And in part the reading addresses the archiving/deleting project I just described. I.e., when it comes to creativity -- at least the way I experience my own process -- nothing is really all that clear. I'm always working by the vague light of THE MOON. And ultimately, all the decisions I make about my pix, about anything in my life, is a spin of THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE. As an enacted decision ratchets its way around I "cross my fingers" that how it plays out is for the best. I feel this every time I delete an individual photo and then again when I say "yes" to the trash bin pop up question do I want to delete all the items. Then, THE TWO OF WANDS reflects on how we hold our worlds in our hands but cannot really know what the future holds. Including the future of the decisions we so carefully consider and plan. Yet, decide we must, even as we take joy in the creativity that lives at the heart of not fully knowing.

* * * *
*ABOUT THE FOUND TAROT: Since sometime in 2009 I've been making occasional posts here of photos of mine in which I see Tarot cards. However, I don't take these pix with the Tarot in mind, rather only see cards in them at some point later once they're on my computer screen. If you'd like to see previous Found Tarot posts, you can use the search function at the top left of this page, or the Found Tarot label at the very bottom of this post.

N.B. A small thing, but just in case: some of the extra reference links offered at the very end of my oldest (years old) posts no longer work. As there are so many posts here to go through I am choosing not to search for and change all of those links that are "dead." (Though I do immediately delete any I stumble across that now lead to questionable sites.) If you are interested, you can try Googling for the name of the site or article referenced. I've found that some are still around in new locations or incarnations, some not.

'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS) (charter member); Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home