Sunday, August 09, 2015

Announcing: THE MARKER TAROT: a deck in progress & new blog

The above is the original rough sketch for The Fool card in the deck I've been designing for some time now. For which I finally have a blog up and running. Click here for the first post about THE MARKER TAROT. This first entry is of necessity rather lengthy, given all the explaining I felt was necessary. Future posts will be more succinct, with a card design, some comments on it, and just a link to the first post for anyone wanting more in-depth background on this deck. BTW, all the cards have been designed. However, some need not only re-drawing but a bit of re-thinking. For instance, I still haven't settled on the styles of crown I want to use to distinguish between Kings and Queens. And the sword suit symbol is still not firm. Nevertheless, I do hope to post the deck "in order" (i.e., Majors, then Courts, and then Minors) as the Majors are most complete of all. And maybe launching this blog will keep me energized and focused enough on this many years long project to complete those cards that need it in a more timely fashion than is my usual wont. But I have many cards completed so I can jump around, out of order if need be and keep posting regularly from THE MARKER TAROT.

P.S. A side effect of preparing this first MARKER TAROT post is that I've found my interest in one of my other decks in progress revivified. I.e., The Taiga Tarot [see link at bottom of this post]. I've had a couple designs hanging fire on The Taiga Tarot for years. Maybe now I'll actually get going again on it, too.

* * * *
N.B. A small thing, but just in case: some of the extra reference links offered at the very end of my oldest (years old) posts no longer work. As there are so many posts here to go through I am choosing not to search for and change all of those links that are "dead." (Though I immediately delete any I now stumble across that lead to questionable sites.) If you are interested, you can try Googling for the name of the site or article referenced. I'm finding that some are still around in new locations or incarnations, some not.

'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS) (charter member); Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home