Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE ARTIST: a new Major in The Pen Tarot


I was absolutely delighted when I came across some of the cards from this deck. Laughter and recognition and surprise all bubbled from me. I don't have the time now to go into any of the cards in my usual wandering way, but thought I'd at least get a link up to some of it's images for you to enjoy.

The card I've posted above does not exist in any other Tarot. The words at the bottom of it are: "If this be art, let it be magic..." Oh, yes, may it be so! And isn't it so already ... life is truly magical and we are all artists when we acknowledge it. And I'm not talking about that "airy-fairy," "isn't it sweet" way of understanding the word "magic." But rather magic as that constant transformation of energies that are coming into and going out of being, and back again, all the time, each moment. Not only artists surf these energies and use them creatively. I deeply believe that we each craft our lives much more than we tend to acknowledge. E.g., a change in perception alone can transform an entire day. (As Irving Berlin said "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.")

Then there's the more active crafting we can participate in, the concrete steps we take. And it need not all be boring or frustrating work; magic has a way of tickling the funny bone and warming the heart. As I typed that I saw another level to that old wiccan salutation: "Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again." Joy and life's magic frequently work hand in hand, methinks, when we do not narrow our sights or attach to outcomes, but stay open to the many possibilities always coming into being.

Give yourself a treat and visit the link under the above image.

* My unending gratitude to aeclectic.net for all they do for the Tarot universe; along with my congratulations that they now have images from over 1,000 Tarot and oracle decks on-site.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep responding to the magic in life and enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Flower said...

Gosh!! I have got to get that pack. They are so beauiful, I love them. I had a look on the main webpage but couldn't see how much they are...I daren't ask I bet they cost a small fortune :)

Yes, I am still around reading but been such a hectic, busy and stressful time I haven't had time for my runes or tarot, I should make time!

Many thanks for showing these wonderful tarot!

Blessings
Melanie

12:42 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi flower,

Aren't those astounding cards? I, too, crave the deck and haven't yet looked into the possibilities. :-)

I usually don't get decks that are only the Majors, but in this case I'd sure make an exception!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home