Sunday, June 18, 2006

THE EMPEROR (IV) (on Father's Day)

TODAY'S CARD is The Emperor (IV). This version is by Thalia Took, and is used by permission.



For comparison, here's The Emperor from the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



THE EMPEROR: Well, it's Father's Day and The Emperor is often seen as the archetypal father. (Kings are also sometimes seen as fathers.) For a meditation I did on a particular Emperor card, see my post of May 23, 2006, THE EMPEROR IN THE XULTUN (MAYAN) TAROT DECK. For a view of my personal father relationship and one dream-based poem, see my dreams and poetry blog post for today (link at bottom of this post).

DIFFERENT TAKES ON THE EMPEROR CARD (IV):

Using anger to deny other feelings such as grief, sorrow, loneliness, etc.

A lot has been done, built, accomplished to get this far and can form the basis for further action.

Difficulty coping with responsibility.

Clairvoyant awareness of (possibly foundational) changes that are coming. If what you see is unsettling, try not to force your awareness on others or fortify yourself against the changes you see, as these behaviors can be experienced by others as beligerent.

Feeling "at home," either in one's literal space (office, house, etc.) or within one's self.


* * * *

Resource: Llewellyn's Free Online Tarot Readings. Years back when first exposed to online readings, it took me awhile to realize that they have a valuable position in the Tarot universe. When reading for myself, I go online when I suspect my vision is too clouded by the issue of inquiry to rely solely on my own responses.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep feeling at home within yourself, and enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home