Monday, November 13, 2006

THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE REDUX



In keeping with my recent desire to explore decks whose images push me past my personal comfort zone (taste in art, or subject matter, etc.; e.g. see my review of The Manga Tarot), I'm sharing about The Barbie Tarot here today.

Yes, can you believe it? I reveal my preconceptions (or prejudices, by other's lights I suppose) by saying this, but I really could not imagine a Barbie Tarot being all that interesting. Well, bowl me over with that proverbial feather. It's not bad at all. Not great, but it is fun and I can see the reasoning for the choices of dolls to illustrate each of the cards. The Lovers, Strength and The Hanging Girl are especially fun and to the "point."

The Wheel of Fortune, above, however, knocked my socks off. I've addressed The Wheel before here (The Wheel of Fortune post), so won't go into it any further other than to add this meaning that occurred to me during a reading recently:

The archetypal "vicious circle." Going round and round and getting nowhere.

But I basically just wanted to share this unique rendering of The Wheel of Fortune card. As well as share the link to the entire Barbie deck (under the image above).

* * * *

Resource: Forgive me if I play a bit more with The Tarot (I've been too blue for too long), here's a link to a deck with images of toys: playtarot card gallery.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep being open to the incredible variety of The Tarot universe,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger littlereview said...

That's my Barbie Tarot deck -- I'm so glad you enjoyed it! (Someone just linked me to your page; I'm delighted to find a Tarot Gallery on Blogger!)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

How cool! I usually email someone when I reference their deck; sorry I forgot to with this post. I'm delighted that in the wonderful way of the internet my post found its way around to you. Hm! Could that be another image for The Wheel of Fortune: The Internet? And I'm only partly joking .... I've seen how on the Internet "what goes around, comes around." :-)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home