Thursday, December 07, 2006

....AND NOW FOR SOME TAROT FUN!

I recently came across the website Liquid Sculpture. It's a gallery of up close photos of liquids in various states of movement, and in all sorts of colors and shapes. The first thumbnail version I clicked on morphed before my imagination's eyes into ... tah DAH! ... an abstract High Priestess (named "Meditation" on the site; used by permission):



Here's the High Priestess in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



Oh, boy, I was off and clicking! I "found" several other Tarot cards,among them this Four of Cups (called "Three Red Beads" on the site; used by permission):



Here's the Four of Cups in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



I spent quite a bit of time enjoying these photos, both Tarot-suggestive and otherwise. I found several other Tarot cards (Justice and quite a few Aces). If you enjoy visually intriguing images, and especially if you love finding Tarot images in unusual places, visit Liquid Sculpture. See what these photos suggest to you, how they engage your imagination.

* * * *

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow-- this is a great find to stimulate the imagination. This site might inspire a ku or twelve, you never know :-)

oino

2:23 PM  
Blogger Echo said...

Absoutly awesome Web site, liquidsclupture.
Thanks for sharing it
and the insite, wouldn't it be delightful to have a full deck?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

I'm so delighted you both enjoyed liguidsculpture as much as I did. Yes, wouldn't it be fabulous to have a Tarot deck made of these photos? Who knows, Martin, the photographer, might be interested in a collaboration ... Hm ... something to think about for the future, the fa-a-a-a-r future when some other projects I have in the offing are completed. :-)

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the site liquidsclupture, I often thought the right photo's would make a good tarot deck.

As a Cancer sign I connect with water anyway, but would make a wonderful cups suit and how about pictures of the ever changing flames of a fire for the rods suit.... hmmm

5:33 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi scruffyhippo!

Yes, photos of flames would be fabulous for the fire suit. How many of us have sat before a fireplace and saw pictures? I sure have! And...clouds for air? Sand and other earth/rocks for earth?

Ah, a Cancer. I don't have one water sign in my chart, which is odd given most folk guess me to be a Pisces. LOL.

The most intriguing thing about my own experience of the Liquid Sculpture photos is how I saw all the elements in them. Then again, I "see" Tarot everywhere. :-)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home