Wednesday, December 20, 2006

THE MOON (XVIII) REDUX

My last post was on The Star card, the first of what is sometimes called "The Three Luminaries" of The Tarot. Logically, then, I should post about The Moon card next (and The Sun after that). Especially given I chose The Star because it fits the symbolism of the Holiday Season: the hope for the returning light/Light. The Moon is a card of subtle light, so, here's a Moon card (I apologize for the pale stripes in the scan of the below card. I don't know why my scanner does this to some images):

The Moon (XVIII) in the Dragon Tarot
Author: D.J. Conway
Artist: Lisa Hunt
Llewellyn Publications


For comparison, here's The Moon card in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



As I've already gone into The Moon card in my usual manner (click here for that Moon post) I'll simply add this one "new" Moon card meaning of mine:

There's a lot of raw power and energy available to you at this time. Be wary of how you use it, as it can use you as readily as you use it.

I'll follow this post on The Moon, a card of subtle light, dream, illusions, magic and intuition (and much more), in a couple of days with one about The Sun card, the third of "The Three Luminaries."

* * * *

Resource: Everyday Goddess Tarot, site of Pamela Wells, it has lovely Tarot art and affirmations.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep using the energy available to you wisely, and enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be interested to read this post about The Sun written by a person in the southern hemisphere, where the days are long currently. He talks about The Fool in the previous blog post. Have you seen the deck that was the source of the first image there?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Rich,

Really nice post on The Sun card. (My Sun card post is going up in a couple of days, with a card from the Haindl deck.)

No, I don't recognize that first Sun card on his blog. But it is vaguely familiar so I may have seen other cards from it somewhere. I've left a comment on the blog asking what the decks are he posted from.

Thanks for your resourceful comment! And Happy Holidays!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

For anyone interested: The Sun card on his post is from The Tarot of The Spirit.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home