Sunday, January 07, 2007

HAIKU ABOUT THE MANGA TAROT'S THREE OF SWORDS



swords earthed....the cold rain passes



I pulled the above card -- the Three of Swords in The Manga Tarot* -- at random, with the intention of using whatever card I got for inspiration for a 'ku. BTW, the Japanese glyph in the upper left is "winter." And although we're not having much cold weather here on the east coast of the U.S. (to say the least, with some folk wearing shorts LOL!), the card certainly captured some feelings I was having.

Click here to read my previous post about The Three of Swords.

*by Riccardo Minetti and Anna Lazzarini, published by LoScarabeo/ Llewellyn.

* * * *
Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"swords earthed....the cold rain passes"

Outstanding ku for this image! It's traditional to mark a samurai's grave using his sword. Cold rain as a metaphor for loss as well as mourning is terrific.

oino

10:55 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

...it was all right there in the image, a gift from the Tarot as I didn't know of that Samurai tradition.

I appreciate your response even more than usual as this has generated not one peep where I posted it earlier. True, I posted it to a haiku site and I know how folk get nervous who don't know Tarot, thinking they have to "know what a card means" to relate to it at all. But this card's picture is so clear I was even worried that my 'ku was too obvious, too "unsubtle"! Ah, well, life is strange and I am delighted you like the 'ku.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you got me scratching my head, what is a ku?

I must admit I pull a card from one deck I have on a daily basis, although not strictly tarot,( Self-Care Cards by Cheryl Richardson)but my love of cards takes me in many directions I love the images , the short messages on the back and the connections I make with them.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Ooops, sorry, scruffyhippo, "ku" is short for "haiku." :-)

I know what you mean about being attracted to card images that aren't stricly Tarot. I have a few decks (e.g., Celtic Book of the Dead, an Angels deck/book, The Faeries Oracle, and The Phoenix Cards) that I turn to occasionally.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou for clarifying that for me roswila, my first thought when I saw the card was 'river of tears'

2:24 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, this Manga Tarot's is one of the more powerful and intense Three of Swords I've seen. And the synchronicity of pulling it at random when I'm grieving in several different ways, just once again amazes me...with how accurate The Tarot can be...and mysterious.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home