Saturday, March 29, 2014

A KNIGHT OF CUPS FOR THE FOUND TAROT

Yes, I know, this is way off the (hoof) beaten track. But I keep seeing the Knight of Cups [4-10-13 12436v2] in this above version of an old photo of mine I just made. Not totally without some (admittedly minuscule) visual clues for that idea. I see a suggestion of a horse's curved foreleg in the middle right, a cupped hand in the middle left, and an armored visor in profile in the middle. And here below is the Knight of Cups in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck for comparison's sake:

As to the usual mini-Tarot reading I find in any new card I post for my Found Tarot deck, this one was not immediately apparent. So I went to my own post here on the Knight of Cups and the meaning that jumped out at me was: "Accept what others offer; don't minimize their praise or gifts." Even now as I typed that I found myself resisting. But it is timely, I suppose. Not only have I been getting some positive responses to a small photo exhibit (and tangentially to some of my poems and didjeridu playing), but I have a big photo exhibit coming up in a few weeks and a talent show performance. In a way, I think this Knight represents both me offering the cup of my efforts, and others responding positively. That this Found Tarot version was made from a photo of the center of a rose -- you can see the outlines of its petals -- may also be significant. Though I'll need to think on that a bit longer. Or maybe just let its aroma, if you will, seep into and inform me in less conscious ways.

P.S. of 3-30-14: In the evening after posting this I found out about a gift I will be receiving. Unfortunately, it's problematic as the situation generating it is very complicated. I would even say that an extremely vague intuition about this is what most deeply informed my seeing the Knight of Cups in the abstract photo to begin with and the choice of "meaning" I share above.

* * * *
'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS) (charter member); Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home