Saturday, January 04, 2014

ROSWILA'S (70th) BIRTHDAY CARDS w/Mini-Review of The Circle of Life Tarot

In the past I've posted my family of cards in The Tarot, from a deck I was currently intrigued with, on my birthday.  Thought I'd do it this year for the first time in a few years.  Turning 70 seems like the biggest deal since I turned 40.  My body may sometimes feel ancient, but inside I'm still that forever teenager, wondering who I'll be when I finally grow up.  (BTW, your family of cards can be determined using numerology, astrology, and your birthdate.)

The cards below are from The Circle of Life Tarot, which I just finished studying a couple of weeks ago. I bought it back in 2008 but somehow never got around to spending time with it card by card until just now. It's a delightful deck, if a bit of a challenge to my aging eyes with its tendency to pale colors and very tiny details. I also have never been all that fond of round decks for all the claim that they provide more of a variety in meanings (differing tilts and slants, if you will). I don't even read rectangular or square cards using reverses as I find plenty of variety in the upright images. Yet I still thoroughly enjoyed my journey through it's alternate worlds and intriguing artwork. The little white book that accompanies it has some unusual takes on the cards, as well, and it's images have a sense of humor at times. I may do a post in the future of just the cards that tickled me most, even as they addressed more serious issues.

And now, below, the cards that are "mine":







* * * *
'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS) (charter member); Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home