Tuesday, February 07, 2017

AN UMPTEENTH ACE OF CUPS IN THE FOUND TAROT

I say "an umpteenth" in the title because I'm too lazy to go searching through the years of Found Tarot* posts here to find out how many there have been. And I know there have been several Ace of Cups (AC). Although I did not set out to "find" an AC (5-24-15 056v63) in my pix at this time, it certainly makes sense one might suggest itself to me. Valentine's Day is very soon and a most basic meaning for the AC is "love." E.g., in the Thoth Tarot's little white book it's said to represent the source of all the powers of love. It's also not surprising I'd "find" an AC in my photos/photomorphs at this time of my life as love and its presence and/or lack thereof throughout my life has been up for examination. (Turning 73 just a month ago seems to have triggered an even more intense life review than is my usual periodic wont.) I also keep recalling what I read somewhere that the value of a heart is not determined by how much it loves, but by how much it is loved. This puts me in mind of the well-known Rider/Waite/Smith deck's version of the AC:

... in which the cup is being given away, if you will, being offered to the world. This then raises another thought I often have that love may not be so much a feeling as an action. That it's what we do more than any attachment or caring we may live with. So, may you have a beautiful Valentine's Day being especially generous with your love.

* * * *
*ABOUT THE FOUND TAROT: Since sometime in 2009 I've been making occasional posts here of photos of mine in which I see Tarot cards. However, I don't take these pix with the Tarot in mind, rather only see cards in them at some point later once they're on my computer screen. If you'd like to see previous Found Tarot posts, you can use the search function at the top left of this page, or "The Found Tarot" label at the very bottom of this post. There are also multiple versions of some cards. If I should ever wish to produce a physical version of this deck, I'll simply have to choose one. But that eventuality is highly unlikely. I simply enjoy indulging myself here in sharing pix of mine in which I see Tarot images.

N.B. A small thing, but just in case: some of the extra reference links offered at the very end of my oldest (years old) posts no longer work. As there are so many posts here to go through I am choosing not to search for and change all of those links that are "dead." (Though I immediately delete any I now stumble across that lead to questionable sites.) If you are interested, you can try Googling for the name of the site or article referenced. I'm finding that some are still around in new locations or incarnations, some not.

'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only; and THE MARKER TAROT.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home