Sunday, August 19, 2007

THE EIGHT OF WANDS REDUX II

The Eight of Wands -- HARMONY -- in The Voyager Tarot


For comparison, here's The Eight of Wands in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



I just did a meditation on The Eight of Wands in The Voyager Tarot tonight as a part of a 14 day Tarot ritual I'm in the middle of (see "Resource" below). Several new slants on The Eight of Wands in general occurred to me in this process:

Watch a tendency to harsh judgments of yourself or others. They may have the ring of "objective" truth, but they may really be projections from an overly strict aspect of the Super-Ego.

Don't stew in your envy of their harmony. Figure out how to appropriately join in, or leave it be ... for your sake as well as theirs.

You have gathered more than enough information. It's time to take action.

Different aspects of yourself seem to be working better together now than in some time. It might be a good time to take on some long put off project or pursue an endeavor you have always wanted to try.

Before there can even be a hope of harmony, there has to be deep listening. To paraphrase something I read a while ago: the purest gift one has to offer another is one's full attention.


Click here to read my first post here on The Eight of Wands. Click here to read the one before this one.

* * * *

Resource: The Tarot Channel book review that includes instructions for the 14 day Tarot ritual I'm doing.

‘til next time, keep offering the gift of attention, and enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Scruffyhippo said...

I followed your link to the Voyager Tarot website and cliked on the card of the day, was so relevant for me today, nice deck.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Glad you like The Voyager deck, scruffyhippo. It's quite a good deck for meditation, IMHO, which is why I'm using it in the 14 day Tarot ritual I'm doing.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home