Friday, February 06, 2009

CARD JOURNEY by Adobe


[NOTE OF April 7, 2009: I JUST DISCOVERED THAT ADOBE NO LONGER HAS THIS WONDERFUL DISPLAY UP ON THE WEB. THE LINK BELOW JUST TAKES YOU TO THEIR BUSINESS SITE. THE ORIGINAL LINK WENT TO AN ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL FANTASY WITH REGULAR PLAYING CARDS, IN WHICH THEY KEPT MORPHING, WITHIN A MEDIEVAL CASTLE AND SEA BATTLE.]

The card show linked to below is not of Tarot cards, but can readily be "transliterated." E.g., Ace of Spades = Ace of Swords; Queen of Hearts = Queen of Cups; and, of course, The Fool = The Fool. But just imagine how fabulous this would be with Tarot cards. Boggles my imagination.

What I find most intriguing about this card show, though, is how it is a visual representation of the way in which I find one Tarot card can open onto an entire universe of stories and insights. (One could wish for a more peaceful story, though I did get a laugh at The Fool swallowing up the entire brouhaha. :-D)

From a many-times forwarded email I received today --

"Read this first:

Click on the link below and a playing card will appear on your screen ... wait a few moments for it to load, then scroll down below the card and you will see a line that has a little red slider bar in it. Move the slider gradually to the right and stop and watch the show take place, then move it a little more to the right and stop and another show will take place and keep doing this till you are to the end. This is soooooo cool. The marvels of technology."


If you want, rather than stop and start clicking, you can very slowly slide the bar along. And be sure to have your speakers on for the music!

Adobe Cards.com

Many thanks to Adobe for designing and posting this ingenious journey.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep journeying to new worlds with The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

4 Comments:

Blogger Lily-Wren said...

Hi Roswila,
That is fascinating! I hope you are feeling better too petal!

I have started to *try* and focus on my Runes again... It helps at certain times. You know the ups, downs and ups and down again!! Cylce of life, learning and loving I suppose.

Blessings
x

2:14 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Lily-Wren,

Always delightful to know you've visited.

Interesting that you've begun concentrating on Runes. I've been thinking of them myself recently. (Sure have needed their wisdom with the "ups and downs..." of my significant other relationship; may consult them later today. Not sure but think he and I may be settling into a way of being together that we both are comfortable with.)

blessings,
Patricia

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Roswila,

Very insightful post indeed.

I enjoy reading your blog a lot.
Thanks for sharing.

Peace and light,
SinRG

11:33 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi SinRG,

Glad you enjoyed your visit.

I visted your Tarot reading site and the artwork on that Lovers card on your homepage is fabulous. What deck is it from?

I note you also do dream analysis. One of my other blogs has tons of my dream-based poetry. http://roswila-dreamspoetry.blogspot.com so we have more than Tarot in common.

blessings,
Patricia

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home