Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A FOUND JUDGMENT CARD and reading by Roswila


I've been trying my hand at a lot of digital photography, without any training and only having read the manual accompanying the camera. I'm actually having a wonderful time. It's a great solace as I go through a rough emotional time. It also calls on any artistic sense I have; trying to squeeze what I'm seeing into a barely discernible tiny square on the camera -- that goes unseeable in bright light, LOL! Not to mention that I think the challenge is helping to keep what brain cells I have left alive.

Now to The Tarot: I just googled to find out the name of the flowers in the above photo. And not surprisingly found that they are called Angel's Trumpet (Brugmansia). As I read that it hit me, Judgment! Of course! No wonder this particular shot was so important for me to get down in at least a decent way. I actually went back to this Catholic church again a couple of days after my first shots because I just wasn't getting up close enough, or was at entirely the wrong angle. I'm still not totally happy with this shot, but it's getting close. And it can be said to be a found Judgment card. :-)

So life at large offered me a one card reading and it took me several days to get it. A new life is calling! Wake up! Yes, clean up whatever needs work from the old life, finish the mourning. But hear that trumpet call, don't ignore it's encouragement and energy.

See? We don't even have to have a Tarot deck at hand to have the Great Mystery offer us help via The Tarot's images. What a tremendous gift these images are.

P.S. Duh! I just happened to re-read my previous post, and guess which card is the first in the reading? Yup, Judgment, and that call to a new life. Well, I guess I should be grateful that when I fall asleep The Tarot images are there to wake me up with a clarion call. :-)

P.P.S. Of course now I'm wondering what other Tarot images I've missed in the slew of photos I've been taking ... so I'm off to check them out.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep responding to the gifts that the Tarot offers,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LGD said...

I hope you can resume work on the Taiga Tarot set through this new experience, too.

oino

3:13 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi oino!

Your visit and comment is a wonderful treat. (Funny you, too, were doing some research on identifying flowers recently ... :-D)

Yes, I've actually been thinking a lot about the Taiga Tarot. Part of me is off on a chase, thinking maybe I'll start a digital photo deck. (I took a Five of Wands photo today. And only have to retake one closer up that I've already taken, to have a Nine of Wands. I'll probably post them to this blog soon.) But there's no saying I can't work on both ideas, is there?

I actually pretty much designed the Nine of Wands, come to think of it, for the Taiga Tarot a couple months ago. And just never got to it.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

You've chosen a delightful quest -- looking for found Tarot imagery within one's photography portfolio!

I love your Angel's Trumpets and look forward to future updates on your quest!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi eccentric scholar,

Glad you enjoyed the trumpets. I happened to walk by them again today and tried a long distance (i.e. from across the street) approach using the zoom function but only got two very fuzzy pictures. :-) Another lesson learned.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home