Sunday, August 05, 2018

FURTHER EXPLORATION OF THE QUEEN OF CUPS

In the years since my 2006 post sharing meanings and thoughts I'd collected over a period of time about the Queen of Cups (QC), I've gathered more. But first I want to share some more unusual versions of the QC (Google for the deck name above a QC version, to see other cards from that deck):

The Queen of Cups in The Universal Fantasy Tarot:



The Queen of Cups in The Deviant Moon Tarot:



And for COMPARISON, here's the QC in the well-known Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



THE QUEEN OF CUPS: I've had a post on the QC percolating for a very long time and kept waiting for a chunk of free time to focus on writing it, choosing QC images, and putting it all up here. Well, it's finally hit me. At this end of life (I'm half way to 75), I shouldn't put if off for the ideal time (etc.), but just do it. :-) BTW, I mention in a previous post (July 28, 2006) that the QC "...always seems to me to have an incredible array of dark and light depths." As I went over the collection of "meanings" listed below, I saw how much dark and light keeps dancing back and forth within the deeps She swims in. Maybe this is how it is in a great many people's lives as seen via a Tarot reading. My intuition -- if sometimes muddied by all the changing from light to dark and back again -- says this is most probably true. And that one needs to acknowledge and respect these fluctuations. Even as we all do our best to "be real" and "present" and "caring" for each other, during either the dark or light times inside ourselves and others. That alternating of light and dark that is so much like day and then night, if much less predictable.


MEANINGS/INSIGHTS/READINGS FOR THE QUEEN OF CUPS, SOME LESS COMMON OR EVEN QUIRKY -- Please note: The below is not intended to be an exhaustive exploration of this card; a quick Google will produce a wider variety of takes should you not be familiar with it. (Given my heavy reliance on projection of my feelings and experiences onto the cards, I recognize that I may very well reveal more about myself here than I do about any particular card. However, this is exactly my point: I use the cards as a path to self-discovery and healing. I hope what I post here that comes out of that process will be useful in some way to other seekers.):

-- When negatively aspected or reversed: this situation and/or person will take more away from you (in a negative sense) than it/they will ultimately give you (in a positive sense).

-- Someone who's abusing drugs and/or alcohol (i.e., really deep into Her "cups") and possibly in a hidden manner.

-- She/he may seem very easy going or cooperative or nonchalant, but she/he really just can't be bothered by anything not related to meeting her/his addiction's demand; so that she/he lets almost all of the rest of life around her/him go on as it will.

-- A very charming/charismatic person -- may be more so than any other Tarot card character -- about whom one can see very little other than the charm.

-- She/he will probably never offer more than a scintillating tease from the shadows; she/he has an entire other life (either literally, or inside her/himself) and is not really interested in stepping forward to meet another person in the open.

-- Someone in whom others see what they want to see, as She's very reflective (i.e., a person who feeds back to others what she senses -- largely unconsciously -- that they want to see).

-- The more She hides, the more others will tend to project on to Her so that She's less of an anxiety provoking unknown.

-- What She continues to project on to others, is exactly what they will tend to reflect back to Her (to use an old expression in a new way: No matter where you go, there you are!)

-- Don't buy what others are projecting on to you about this! If you feel like you're drowning or being stung by jelly fish, you are! Get out from under it all! You don't have to like it and you sure as hell don't have to buy it and stick around for it!

-- Someone who is in recovery from drugs and/or alcohol abuse who may now have a lot of support to offer about "getting sober."

-- Be sure that what you are seeing is not actually your own reflection, especially if it's negative, or even more so, very positive if it seems far from what you might ever have thought about yourself.

I acknowledge the collective effect of these mostly dark readings for the QC. I hasten to add, She can have a lovely, sometimes even motherly aspect, also creative and highly intuitive, gentle and generous. But I leave those aspects to other posts I've made here and to what other Tarotologists say about Her.

If you'd like to read what else I've offered about this card here, click on the QUEEN OF CUPS Label at the bottom of this post. Then scroll past a repeat of this new post to get to the older.

* * * *

N.B. A small thing, but just in case: some of the extra reference links offered in the body and/or at the very end of my oldest (years old) posts no longer work. As there are so many posts here to go through I am choosing not to search for and change all of those links that are "dead." (Though I immediately delete any I now stumble across that lead to questionable sites.) If you are interested, you can try Googling for the name of the site or article referenced. I'm finding that some are still around in new locations or incarnations, some not.

'til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot, in whatever ways it comes to you in your life,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under "View my complete profile")**** SEE ALSO: Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila's Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); Trying to Hold A Box of Light for digital photos only; and THE MARKER TAROT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home