Sunday, March 11, 2007

"A ROOM WITH MANY VIEWS," A NEW DREAM-INSPIRED TAROT LAYOUT

The Seven of Cups
Rider/Waite/Smith Deck


BACKGROUND

In late February, 2007, I had a dream in which "I enter a room by a door. In the wall in front of me is a row of three double windows. I realize I have to shut the bottom two windows on the right and the middle top one as it is starting to rain." When I mentioned this dream to Eva Yaa Asantewaa (in another context entirely) she said "A Tarot layout!" Thank you so much for the inspiration, Eva.

The layout format itself seemed clear from the dream: two rows of three, with the addition of an entry and exit card. I had realized on working with the dream that it had to do with not seeing things clearly because intense emotions (the rain) were clouding my view. So I decided the hinge of the reading layout would be determining where one is seeing clearly or not. Although I do not work with reversed cards, I thought here's a time they would really come in handy:

Upright = Seeing Clearly
Reversed = Not Seeing Clearly

It felt very strange to scramble up one of my decks to work with this reading, but also fun. Although I'm not now a convert to reversals, for this layout I do like working with them.


LAYOUT



NOTE: The following about upright and reversed cards only applies to Cards 2 to 7. Cards 1 and 8 can be read as you normally read upright and reversed cards.

UPRIGHT CARDS = You are seeing clearly whatever the card is addressing. The card itself will provide further details.

REVERSED CARDS = You are not seeing clearly or what needs to be seen. The card itself will provide further details.

* * * *

ROW ONE & ROW TWO = You can designate these to address any two issues, areas, or concerns. They can also be two aspects of the same issue, or complementary or entwined issues. Samples: Self/Other(s); Spirit/Body; Mind/Heart; Job/Family; Finances/Romance; etc. The two issues need not be related, but I have found some connection "ups" the energy of the reading, and can yield intriguing levels to the relationship.

* * * *

CARD 1, IN DOOR = Advice to keep in mind when doing the reading.

CARD 8, OUT DOOR = Help for going forward after the reading.


CONCLUSION

Whether this is a reading of fine-tuning your perceptions or a deeply moving one -- or something in between -- varies, of course, depending on what issues are assigned to Rows One and Two. But each time I've used this layout it has yielded helpful results. I'd love to hear how it goes for you should you try it.

* * * *

Resource: Aids to Dream Recall.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep enjoying your dreams, and The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home