Saturday, September 01, 2007

A TAROT SCIFAIKU

open time capsule
living Tarot archetypes
walk the earth again

A scifaiku is a haiku-inspired poetry form with a science fiction, fantasy, or horror theme. I've been trying my hand at them for many years and really enjoy the scifaiku group I participate in on yahoo. Given my love of The Tarot, it was from the start a foregone conclusion that it would show up in an occasional scifaiku that I write.

I was not thinking of any particular card when I wrote this scifaiku. I was thinking of the deck as a whole. Imagining the characters on them having once been living on our earth in some time-before-time. I chose Judgment to illustrate it because of those opening boxes and also because of one of it's meanings: rebirth. And I have that yahoo scifaiku group to thank for the inspiration because I wrote it as part of one of our scifaiku linked strings. (Each scifaiku added by a new writer is somehow, if only vaguely, connected to the previous.)

Click here to read more about scifaiku.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

open time capsule
living Tarot archetypes
walk the earth again

rebirth of belief
ancient texts decrypted

-- oino

2:01 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

ancient crypts aired
familiar homes for arriving
time travelers

7:32 PM  
Blogger Scruffyhippo said...

Interesting interpretation, even with how I used to see this card you words still fit.

To me the cards does show rebirth and are being called exist again, yes I can see how this works :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Glad you can see why I chose XX for this Tarot scifaiku, scuffyhippo. I thought I might scan in a picture of all the Majors, but could not find a good one in my books quickly enough. So, there went that idea! LOL!

I haven't addressed Judgment here at length yet in my usual fashion, with quirky meanings and such. Hope you happen to make a visit when I do.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home