Saturday, December 30, 2006

THE PAGE OF WANDS REDUX

The Page of Wands, The Gendron Tarot, by Melanie Gendron


I've already done my usual post on the Page of Wands (click here to read it and the meanings I offer). But in going through The Gendron Tarot when I did my recent Star card post (click here for that post that also has a mini-review of The Gendron Tarot) I rediscovered my favorite card in that deck. And it feels particularly appropriate to this time of year when mystery and magic seem to abound, along with winter beauty.

For comparison, here's The Page of Wands in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



The Gendron version above offered me the following "new" meaning for The Page of Wands:

Just being open to the possibility of beauty (as in that sense of awe) in our lives changes our orientation to other messages and insights; helps us be more open and receptive to Spirit.

* * * *

Resource: more Gendron Tarot images on Aeclectic.net.

Please see the top of the sidebar for my background with the Tarot and a recommendation to beginners.

‘til next time, keep being receptive to beauty and enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for some articles about Tarot.****

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Gendron deck and that Princess of Wands, too!

So warm and radiant!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, that radiance really grabs me. Especially this time of year. A yearning for the Sun? :-)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home