Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THE HANGED WOMAN in The Animals Divine Tarot

The Hanged Woman, "Spider Woman," in The Animals Divine Tarot by Lisa Hunt

As much work as I am doing, there is still so much more that simply has to wait on further information or on other things first being in place as I prepare to move cross country. I've never been very good at being patient, especially as the longer I wait the more anxious I get and I'm a rather anxious person to begin with. So yesterday I did some magic affirming that I am not anxious and am waiting patiently for as long as need be, then got on with what I can be doing now. This morning it occurred to me that this is a time of The Hanged One for me (or Man, or Woman, or Person, depending on the deck you are thinking of).

When I went to my image library for a Hanged Man card to accompany this post, the one above really grabbed my attention. I began to see that the times when we are feeling suspended (delayed, having to wait, anxious) are the times when The God/dess is spinning something new for us, while holding us safely in the web of the old. And I recalled an anonymous quote I had recently unearthed in weeding out my files: "Things work out in the end. If they haven't worked out, it's not the end." :-D

As ever, I hope you visit the Animals Divine Tarot site (link above under the graphic) to view Lisa Hunt's extraordinary deck.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

"I began to see that the times when we are feeling suspended (delayed, having to wait, anxious) are the times when The God/dess is spinning something new for us, while holding us safely in the web of the old."

That's such an eloquent idea, I found myself reading it several times over to really soak it in!

"Things work out in the end. If they haven't worked out, it's not the end."

That is one of my favorite quotes! I have that quote, worded slightly differently, on a greeting card that I bought years ago for myself.

Love your blog, by the way! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi tarot dame,

I'm glad you liked what that Spider Woman card revealed to me. It's been (and I'm sure will continue to be) very calming for me.

And that "Things work out in the end..." quote? It had been buried in my files for literally years. It couldn't have resurfaced at a better time. :-)

Just visited your Tarot blog and really enjoyed it. I think that's a great idea to list the decks you have. I may do that a couple months down the road when I've settled into California.

Thanks for stopping by. And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home