Sunday, November 18, 2007

INVOKING GANESH

The Hierophant (High Priest), by Lisa Hunt, in The Animals Divine Tarot

Ganesh is my favoritie Deity. Actually I should say, He's "first among equals" among the various Deities I consciously relate to. (I say "consciously" because I sometimes suspect others than those I am aware of have their influences and/or ways with my life.) I've been calling on Him even more than usual as I am going through this huge uprooting to move cross country to California.

My prayer, especially now given that I have actual material objects in my way (like an old huge couch to somehow get out of my living room without taking it out over the terrace the way it came in 23 years ago), is for Him to graciously remove all obstacles from my path. (One of His titles is "Remover of Obstacles.) I am willing to do, and am doing all the necessary work. I just really need His help, as well. It would be very helpful, too, if He continued to bless this new enterprise, this new life I'm heading toward. (Ganesh is often invoked at the start of new enterprises to ensure their success.)

As I sort, throw out, prepare for a house give-way and sale, type gazillions of emails to my out-of-town landlord (helping with the apartment repair list and obtaining a new tenant), begin to actually pack stuff in cartons (that I first have to put together) etc., etc. I do so wish I, too, had four arms. But I am more than grateful that Ganesh does. And that I continue to feel His loving presence along this tumultuous but welcome path of change.

By the way, be sure to check out the link to The Animals Divine Tarot (under the image above). It's an absolutely wonderful Tarot deck.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving is quite something! A Good thing to invoke Ganesh. Of course you'll get his help. What a beautiful card.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

I feel like your visit was some of Ganesh's help. :-D Thank you. I enjoyed your blog and have left a comment there.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Flavio Pastor said...

Good luck on your moving! I'm also a huge fan of Ganesh, he lives in my keychain and has been invoked a couple times during my recent career change. Nice post!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for dropping by again, Flavio. I'm leaving lots of stuff here in New York City, but all my Ganesh figurines and pictures are coming with me. :-) It wouldn't feel like home with Him.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home