Thursday, June 18, 2009

CONTINUING WITH THE FOUND TAROT, by Roswila

See previous posts for more info on the digital Tarot I'm beginning to develop.

This first new Found Tarot card I took the picture for weeks ago. But did not see The Empress in it until I'd begun using it on my desktop. I've always liked the feel of that little door; I kept thinking of it as a mysterious hobbit door. But then it hit me that III's Hebrew letter is Dalath, which in noun form means door! The association I have always made to that is She is our doorway into life. BTW, this door is to one side of Hillel Foundation's Jewish Student Center (Isla Vista, CA). So I think it's highly appropriate I made a Hebrew letter association, albeit unconsciously.

THE EMPRESS




This next Found Tarot card I'm a little unsure of, but only because I don't usually have a sense of the color red or fuchsia associated with The Star. But those "whiskers" (stamens?) just make me feel The Star's abundance pouring down on us. And the shape is rather star-like. I saw The Star in the process of cropping this picture.

THE STAR




Here's one that hit me as I took the fourth photo of this planter from yet a different angle.

THE HANGED MAN




And this next I'm saying is the Eight of Wands, even though there aren't technically 8 definite branches in it. To me it just so clearly called up the Rider/Waite/Smith Eight of Wands when I saw it on my computer screen, that that's what I'm saying it is. So there! :-)

EIGHT OF WANDS




This is one of my personal favorite photos. I had it up on my desktop, and even hung a small print for a while on my front door. The card within only surfaced (at least to my eye) after my first couple of Found Tarot posts had already been done.

TWO OF WANDS




And that's the last, at least for today. I can't stop taking lots of pictures. It's like Lay's potato chips, I can't have just one!

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

Wow, that Empress shot is stunning! I can't keep my eyes off of it. Something very alluring about it!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Tarot Dame,

And live and in "person" that little door and that column in the front right are even more compelling. There was a bike parked just to the right of the column. I took several pictures that included the bike, but it was just too modern and of daily reality for the feel that door exudes. :-)

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Roswila, these just keep getting better and better! You really have something here - it's truly inspired work; it's wonderful :)

Catherine

1:10 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Catherine,

You do my heart good! Thanks for your enthusiasm. It's particularly encouraging as I'm a total newbie to photography (digital or otherwise).

(I'll probably crop The Hanged man a bit to get more of that cement walkway out of the picture. I'm constantly amazed how weeks later I can see things that need improvement. Guess I shouldn't be. I've had the same experience throughout the decades I've been writing poetry. :-D)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

I must echo Catherine's comment: these just keep getting better and better! I agree with Tarot Dame that your Empress shot is stunning!

Okay -- enough echoing!

I'd like to make another observation. This is something I've noticed over a long period of time. Roswila, you GIVE BACK. You give back in abundance. Let's take this post's comments as a lovely example. The first two commenters each wrote 3 lines of text. You replied with 6 and 9 lines of text. That's double and triple. Roswila, you're like a crystal that receives a shaft of light and turns it into a rainbow.

Thank you!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Eccentric Scholar, I'm at a loss for words ... well, if you believe that there's a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you really cheap. :-)

I'm glad my "responsiveness" is appreciated at times. My ex (whom I am sort of seeing again, loooong story), usually asks me to answer in 40 words or less. LOL!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

Hi Roswila,

Here's a door that made me think of your Empress card:

http://www.smokeinmydreams.com/065.html

11:44 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Eccentric Scholar,

That door/bill is a hoot and a reality, isn't it? We're born into a world run (and run over) by money issues. Many of us even believe the door to happiness IS money....Sorry, there I go free-associating again. :-D There's more where that came from but my sense stretches thinner and thinner. Like my monetary resources ... OK, I'll be good, I'll stop now. :-)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

great project!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

H Sharyn,

I briefly visited one of your blogs. Love that series of photos about the "cobwebbed duck." :-)

Thanks for visiting.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home