Thursday, June 11, 2009

MORE FOUND TAROT CARDS, by Roswila

Here's some more cards I've been finding in digital photos I've been taking. These are truly "found" cards as when I take the photos I am not seeing them as Tarot cards, but as something intriguing. I only see a card in any photo once it's on my computer screen, and even then not right away. I have, though, begun revisiting certain photo sites to attempt to get a better shot for a card I found in an unsuccessful shot. (See three previous posts for the found Tarot cards already posted.)

THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE



STRENGTH [not sure how well this works, but I see lion's feet in these roots, and root systems might be seen as a metaphor for the rising of kundalini in the human body often said to be represented in Strength]




QUEEN OF PENTACLES [This could also be The Empress as I see III as a combination of earth and water, but She feels more like a Queen; She could also be the Queen of Cups or Wands, but all that earthly abundance makes me settle on the Queen of Pentacles]




ACE OF SWORDS [All four Aces are now represented, which is nice given Aces tend to be about beginnings.]




THE SUN




FIVE OF CUPS





THE WORLD




That's all for now, folks! I'm obsessed and loving it. What I really want to do soon is squeeze in the time for some sort of class in digital photography. There's only so much I can learn about the technical aspects on my own, methinks. :-)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep staying open to the myriad universes around us (even in the familiar!) and enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

My favorites are Strength (yes, lion's feet!), Wheel of Fortune, and especially the Sun!

Your found Tarot cards just keep getting better!

11:53 AM  
Blogger LGD said...

"Strength" is a wonderful image! love the photo itself, and what you see in it and show us is all the better.

You are really onto a good project. Once again I encourage you to go for the full deck.

oino

2:40 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks so much for the feedback and encouragement, oino. Especially about the photo for Strength; someone else also likes it a lot.

BTW, I've not abandoned The Taiga Tarot; it's just in abeyance for a while. :-)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, Eccentric Scholar, I really appreciate you comments, and the support for my vision of Strength. :-)

My eye and technical skills are developing slowly as I take more and more photos. So, who knows, I may wind up with different versions of the early cards. Or maybe just mulitple versions.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what beauty in the world around me that I never saw until I looked through the eyes of the digital tarot.

Sweetie

10:18 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi sweetie,

Glad you're finding the Found Tarot cards "eye opening." This entire photography adventure just keeps inspiring me.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Lily-Wren said...

Hi Rozwila :)
Hope you are well petal.
I must say I have been really enjoying your foray's into the photography of Tarot! Your photograph's are really wonderful and I wonder if I should do the same, maybe with Runes!

Doing such a thing really makes you think about each card and it's representations. I love the Wheel of Fortune!

Blessings
xx

7:11 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Lily-Wren,

Wow, what an amazing project finding Runes in photos would be! My mind boggles but also is intrigued at the thought.

Yes, the plant in the photo I see as The Wheel is something, isn't it? My first thought on recognizing X in it was "Yup, the turns of fortune sure can be prickly at times, can't they? Beautiful and prickly..." LOL!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Roswila, I must say, what a truly wonderful blog!

I love the images you have taken and totally agree with your choice of cards - Strength works particularly well - those really do look like a lion's paw :)

I love the Queen of Pentacles and agree she could also be the Empress, a card close to my heart.

It felt so nice finding your blog, such a wonderful change from the norm (including my own!) and I look forward to checking out more of your work.

Warm wishes,

Catherine

3:11 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

What a delight to read your comment (and all those by others). I've been shamefully neglecting my Tarot blogs so it's doubly delicious to have a Tarot project grab me that also is interesting to others.

Funny you should mention The Empress. I just found her today on my computer desktop/wallpaper! I've had and liked the picture since I took it weeks ago and it only just hit me it's III. Duh! (I'll be posting some more Found Tarot cards soon.)

I very briefly visited your blog. What a wealth of information there!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Thank you for your kind words too Roswila :) My blog is still in its infancy, but I have high hopes for it.

I'm so impressed by your blog and what you're doing with the photography, that I would like to write about it on my blog - spread the word so to speak.

I suppose I'm seeking permission to show your photographs, but I will also provide a screenshot of the blog page and a clear link of course back to here, including one in my blogroll.

Would this be acceptable for you? I would love to show you off, I think what you're doing is so creative, I truly am impressed.

Warm wishes,

Catherine

1:16 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

That would be wonderful, Catherine! You definitely have my permission to share about The Found Tarot -- in its infancy, so to speak. :-) (With the usual link back here.) If you'd like to wait until tomorrow (Saturday) I'll have put up some more Found Tarot cards.

I forgot to mention in my previous answer that I'll be putting up a link to your blog here soon, hopefully tonight.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Hi Roswila,

Saturday will be fine, it might even be a few days after that, I'm currently in the middle of writing a new post and I would like to keep the one I write for you at the top of the front page for more than a couple of days.

I will also add you to my blogroll this evening.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the new images you're going to put up:)

Warm wishes,

Catherine

2:33 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Catherine,

The next batch of Found Tarot cards are up. Soon's I have dinner, I'll put up the link to your site. :-)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home