Tuesday, July 07, 2009

FOUND TAROT UPDATE, by Roswila

[See the several previous posts for other Found Tarot cards and info on this process. Also, please note that in most browsers you can click on the image for a larger version.]

OK, so I posted a Found Tarot Star card already. And expressed some doubt about it (the bright red color) and did not express a niggling sense that it has a harshness to it that doesn't go with The Star. But I was just letting those thoughts simmer. After I'd taken some more recent photos, I was told by one of our resident gardeners here that the particular flower's name is "amaryllis belladona" and that it's commonly called "Naked Lady." That's when I realized I'd found a far better Star card.

THE STAR



It's intriguing that this was the first photo that I waited a couple of hours to take because the sun was too bright. (As opposed to going ahead anyway, and getting lots of white "sugar dusting" over everything. LOL! This "dusting" effect works in a couple photos I have, but I knew it would have simply whited-out these blooms.) I also had waited a day for the buds to open.

The next is the Two of Cups. As I've mentioned before, I have many beautiful flower photos that vaguely call to me to represent various cups pip cards. However, this one isn't a vague call, but a definite gentle, embracing pull:

THE TWO OF CUPS:



This next Found Tarot card I've been wanting to post for a while, but kept hesitating as it's so architectural. (I happen to love the contrast of architecture and nature, and have lots of pictures in which I'm trying to capture that.) Then today it hit me, so is the Rider/ Waite/ Smith Two of Wands -- the figure is looking out from a castle rampart. [P.S. of July 12th -- Duh! Just realized I posted a different Two of Wands earlier, so the one below is an alternate version.]

THE TWO OF WANDS:



And last, a possible Queen of Cups. I have probably a dozen poor shots of this figure. It's in front of building windows that often show through the foliage in a distracting way; there's a blue hose running off/to the fountain on the ground on one side I need to be aware of; and it's difficult for me to get up close enough (my arthritic knees) to get good detail even if I manage to be by it when the light is right. This photo of it comes close to what I think I will eventually be able to capture; I want more of the fountain/water in the picture:

THE QUEEN OF CUPS:



That's all folks, at least for now. (By the way, since I first started taking digital photos in March of this year, I've taken 1,200. Who's addicted? :-D)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Andalusia said...

I love your Star & the Queen of Cups!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for visiting, Andalusia. I'm constantly amazed how a Tarot card can be literally staring me in the face (live and then on my camera viewscreen) and I won't see it for days sometimes. :-)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Tarot Elements said...

Hi Roswila,

The Star is beautiful, as is the Two of Cups, but I especially like the Queen of Cups. She's not unlike the Queen of Pentacles, but the flowing water is just perfect isn't it! The Two of Wands though has a wonderful modern feel to it with all that architecture - it hints at what's hidden from view, a glorious vista and glimpse of what's possible, if only we could begin the climb. Truly inspired, as usual ;)

It seems so long since we last spoke - I hope you're well and taking more photo's :)

Warm wishes,

Catherine

12:31 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Catherine,

Yes, it has been a while since we've been in touch. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I was just thinking today it's well past time for another Found Tarot post! :-)

Things have been hectic in my life and my mood's been rather too low for my liking. (Along with the inevitable advancing of my arthritis ...) However, life is still overall very good for me here in my new California home of 1-1/2 years and I'm grateful.

Will visit Tarot Elements soon and leave a comment on some gem I'm sure I'll come across there.

blessings,
Patricia

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home