Friday, October 30, 2009

ONE NEW FOUND TAROT CARD: The Death Card, XIII

Yes, it's been quite some time since I've posted a FOUND TAROT card here. I do have a few in mind (and on my computer) but none have really grabbed me. Then tonight I was thinking of the photo below for some reason and it hit me "Death, it's the Death card!" (I've already posted a tentative Death card here - a tree stump - but I like this photo below much more.) Very untraditional design, true. But it says it for me. Especially that aspect of the Death card that is about transition. And even if one notes the bit of green growing in the distance, that this card is about clearing away the old so that the new can grow.



I'm struck that I've also chosen a door image for The Empress. But this makes perfect sense to me. She's our doorway into this material life and Death is the doorway out. That is, both III and XIII, in my understanding, can reference liminal states. The difference between them being the direction in which the energy in each is going.

If you are interested, there are several previous FOUND TAROT card posts below.

OK, off to work on finishing my Halloween Costume for the party in the retirement community I live in. I'm going as "Words in Search of a Poem." I'm pinning lots of my favorites words all over my all black outfit, and I'll carry around yellow sticky notes and a pen in case anyone wants to add a word to me. Last year's costume party was lots of fun, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's.

Oh, my it occurs to me it's highly appropriate, and may even be the reason why, I thought of a Death card for the FOUND TAROT tonight for 'tis the season to honor those who've gone before, while the veil between the worlds is very thin.

Blessed Samhain!

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Lady Jo said...

That is indeed, a perfect, perfect image for the Death card! And your seasonal timing is perfect as well!
Blessed Samhain!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi MamaJosephine,

However did you get to this post so fast? I just put it up! :-)

Thanks for visiting. And I appreciate the feedback, especially on a non-traditional image.

Blessed Samhain!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

PERFECT image for the Death card! Happy Halloween!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi TarotDame,

Good to hear from you and glad you like this new Death card image.

I'll be stopping by your wonderful site soon. As always, it's been too long between my visits.

2:21 PM  
Blogger LGD said...

I like this image very much, whether it's perfect the "Death" card or not. And for the same reasons you like it for the card. The Exit sign with an open door, yet another door in the distance lends itself to reflection on many things.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, LGD! It's one of those photos that everytime I look at, I see something else or find myself wondering about something else. It's also changed how I am when I walk through that doorway. I'm much more aware and alert. Photography'll do that to yah in general ... make one more aware and in the moment... until one wanders away yet again. :-)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Scruffyhippo said...

Good to see you are still working on the found cards :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Scruffy Hippo! How delightful to hear from you. I will have to wander over and see what you're up to these days. Yes, I may not be posting or finding many Found Tarot cards these days, but it's definitely still alive.

blessings!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks for the encouraging words.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

You're quite welcome, anonymous. If you're so inclined it would be great to hear a little bit of what your college assignment was about.

Thanks for visiting.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home