Tuesday, January 26, 2010

AND IN QUICK SUCCESSION, ANOTHER FOUND TAROT CARD

It never rains but it pours ... literally. The brief break from a week of rain storms here in usually sunny South Central California is over. More rain, for which we can ultimately be grateful (especially if there aren't any mudslides from wildfire ravaged mountainsides). This time my mood is matching it, drop for drop. But that's mostly because we have a full moon coming on Saturday and I get wonky under waxing gibbous moons. Anyway, on to the new Found Tarot card...

I went around back to one of the gardens here on our grounds to try to capture some of the last clinging red fall leaves on a tree. And, as always, got caught up in everything around as well. I'd cropped the image below several different times trying to get it "right" when it hit me: The Two of Pentacles. (More accurately, The Two of Disks, as I was seeing its resemblance to that card in The Thoth Tarot.)



That second pentacle/disk on the bottom is a bit squished but that about fits how I'm feeling today. :-) Seriously however, I'm not surprised this card about change would present in my life just now. I've begun a major change. Or rather am clearly seeing the need for it. Hm, maybe that's the same thing because until we see the need clearly nothing can change. It's also a very timely reminder that the only stability is change. Even these succulents represent that principal. They weren't this big (at least a foot across) or lush even a few days ago. That week of rains has left an explosion of greenery and wildflowers behind it everywhere.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep riding the winds of change and enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Alayna Williams said...

Really beautiful shot...and I love the idea of flowers as disks/pentacles!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Alayna,

Glad you like the shot. Some folk get antsy when I like photos that have weeds and stuff in them, like this one. But it's all the life of our earth, IMHO, and offers joy.

I particularly love these (what I've dubbed) platter-faced cacti. The bigger, the better. I have a picture of one all bright green one that has to be two feet at least across. Gorgeous. That photo may yet wind up as the Ace of Pentacles.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Alayna Williams said...

Weeds are part of earth, and I agree that they're entirely appropriate for that suit. I really love the use of a succulent plant for pentacles/disks...it really suggests symbolic abundance and the properties of earth when I look closely and think about it.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures! I hope you do post the platter cacti!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Alayna,

What a lovely way to put it: suggests ... abundance.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Satu said...

Yes, it's a great picture and I find the attribution to two pentacles very fitting. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Satu,

Thanks for visiting and your appreciation of this Two of Disks.

I visited your Tarot blog very briefly and really liked your heart reading on "Brangelina."

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Theresa said...

I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! Finding tarot in the everyday - what a beautiful concept. We don't just have to "read" the cards - we can live it. Your work points the way...nice!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Theresa,

Yes, it's such a joy when a Tarot image pops out at me from a digital photo, or in a novel, or in some other non-card context. (Just finished a totally non-Tarot book in which I kept seeing the Majors ....)

Thanks for visiting!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Lily-Wren said...

Lovely photograph! And so fitting. I have still to make a start on my Rune photography project!

Maybe gain some inspiration from here Roswila!

:)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Lily-Wren!

Good to hear from you. Yes, your Rune project has always seemed like a cool one. Like your new profile picture. I've been thinking of trying black and white, especially maybe for haiga (photos with haiku on them).

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
In first steps it is very nice if somebody supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for visiting. Hope you found something useful to your "first steps" -- may I assume you mean in learning the Tarot?

If you are new to the Tarot, I would also suggest googling for sites with more lessons than mine have. They could help you with the basics.

Whatever your first steps are, best of luck!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi everybody


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Anonymous,

Hope you enjoy any future reading you do here. Are you a student of Tarot?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home