Tuesday, April 06, 2010

ONE MORE FOUND TAROT CARD: Strength

Amazing how the associative mind works. I was not up to writing a new dreamku or even dealing with an older one for the daily post to my dreams & poetry blog. So I decided to just post a photo. Well, the photo I chose after a bit of a search began to resonate and I realized it was putting me in mind of the Strength card. Here it is:



Here's what I say today in that dreams & poetry daily post: One quick association: The Strength card in the Rider/Waite/Smith Tarot. Because, as on that card, one can't be sure if there's an opening or closing. Yes, technically its being a flower means it's opening, but given it's a frozen image the direction of motion is not captured. The eye can interpret it as going either way. Here's Strength in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



Even the colors are similar to my photo at the top. And I note that bottom middle petal in my photo is a bit tongue-like, as if we are looking down the throat of the lion.

I'd say this process has given me a reading for the day. There are both openings and closings going on in my life. And it is inevitable toward this end of life and given my health issues that the closings would be on the physical plane. (Worsening arthritis, e.g.) I'm also getting an intuitive tug that's urging me not to assume I have identified the openings and closings; that these are always taking place in our lives. LOL! I just saw the RWS Two of Pentacles in my mind's eye ...



... as I thought that what I need to do is get used to going with changes, even if they do make me vaguely sea sick. Note that ship on the rolling sea in the background, not to mention the figure's back and forth dance of balancing. And today I see ambiguity in this card also: Are the pentacles he's holding rocking him back and forth as they roll, or is he shifting them as he dances? Or maybe it's a chicken/egg question, or a happy partnering. Phew. My need to know and be clear is really not being satisfied today. And I'll just have to go with that as the ultimate message for the time being. AhHAH! Maybe there's a certain "strength" in just that: being with not knowing in a graceful accepting way. Unfortunately, even though my middle name is Grace, I'm not feeling very graceful these days.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Carolyn said...

I love your association between the photo of the flower and the Strength Tarot Card. It says it all. For me the Strength card is about feminine power. It is power generated from compassion, gentleness, and nurturance.

The Strength Card represents the power of inner strength. Our inner strength develops through the balance between our primal drives and higher thinking. In traditional decks, the imagery of the Strength Tarot card is of a woman soothing a lion. The lion, represents our deepest desires. He dwells in the realm of our unconscious and his primitive roar forces our instincts to act in accordance to the demands of our unconscious.The woman is the seeker, gently appeasing the lion’s urges with gentleness and patience. She represents higher consciousness, thus informing us that our elevated thinking can prove to be more powerful than our internal instincts.

Great Blog!

Best to you,

Carolyn
tarotreader and webmaster of http://tarotreadingpsychic.com

2:31 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Carolyn,

What a lovely concise overview of the Strength card.

Thanks for visiting.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

hi starcakeastrology,

Glad it interested you. I'll be posting some new Found Tarot cards soon.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home