Sunday, April 04, 2010

TWO NEW FOUND TAROT CARDS

As often happens, I was thinking I should look for more Tarot cards in my photos. Then I did some card reading last night for myself and a new slant on the Nine of Wands popped. When I checked through my photos today for Tarot cards, there it was, an image for the Nine of Wands. Wish I could trust more in that sort of thing occurring in my life in general. It would certainly ease my anxieties! Anyway, here's a Found Tarot Nine of Wands:



One might expect the wands to be behind the greenery, as they are behind the figure on the Rider/Waite/Smith deck. But the above arrangement works for me, especially with the more "negative" new slant on this card I tapped into last night: Most of the wounding and pain you are feeling now is self-inflicted in your attempts to stay in denial. How did I come to that? I was looking closely at the odd expression on the face of the figure on the Rider/Waite/Smith Nine of Wands, almost fearful. As if he weren't resting after a difficult but successful battle, but being hemmed in or about to be attacked by the wands behind him. These cards can be such helpful nets in which to catch our own projections. Here's the Nine of Wands in the Rider/Waite/Smith deck:



The other card I found today is The Hermit.



If the image above for The Hermit puzzles you -- I've not shown it to anyone at this point, so I'm not sure how it comes across -- check out that shadow on the road.

There are more photos I've identified as possible Found Tarot cards. But I'll leave those for future posts. I might change my mind anyway, or take new photos that are more suiting (and certainly better technically; I'm still a newbie photog). I'm beginning to think that this deck may never wind up an actual physical 78 card deck. I have at least three Aces of Cups, and multiples of other cards. The Tower has at least a half dozen possibles, most of which I really like. It may just be that it's this process that's important. And that's fine with me. :-)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,





[aka: Patricia Kelly]
****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry; Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka); and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.****

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger LGD said...

I saw what you meant by the Hermit at once. That's possibly the best Found Tarot yet :-)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

LGD! You do my depressed self much good with your visit and comment. (That shadow is yours truly with her bamboo flute-cum-walking stick. :-D)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Eccentric Scholar said...

LGD beat me to it -- I was going to say the same thing, that the Hermit is the best Fount Tarot to date! It's utterly delightful!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Eccentric Scholar,

Wow. I've had that Hermit photo for some time and just wasn't sure if it worked or not. Glad I took the shot and posted it.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Agreed, the Hermit card was quite obvious, and absolutely perfect!! One of the best of the deck!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Well, Kiki, I'm glad I shared that Hermit for sure! (I can't tell you how often I share pix that are a little unusual and folk say "Whuh?" Same with my poetry.)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Julie Webster said...

Dear Roswila,
I love the Hermit.
It just shows that even in the light of day we are essentially on our own.The shadow is so crisp, I really like how you've portrayed the Hermit.Brilliant photograph,
from Julie Webster

2:17 PM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your comment. I'm just so delighted that this Hermit card is a hit. :-)

I visited your blog and really enjoyed your post with all the photo representations of Tarot.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Carlos Añonuevo said...

The shadow definitely resembled the Hermit. Anyway, I've learned from a local artist here that Tarot Card reading drains your energy because everytime she reads tarot cards for her friends, she will feel really exhausted at the end of the day.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Kotsenguba,

Yes, I can imagine your friend might be exhausted after a day of reading Tarot cards for others. After a full day of any sort of work that requires careful concentration and interaction, most folk would be rather tired.

When I was reading professionally many years ago, I found ways to minimize that exhaustion. For example, taking breaks between readings. Or not expecting myself to meet each and every request of each client (some can be rather demanding). I also cleansed my reading space with sage and incense both before the day and after it. (And if a client was not adverse to it, burned incense during readings.) I also reminded myself to breath deeply every so often (this also had the effect of breaking any overly intense and unnecessary connection to me established by the client).

By the way, I usually found working in most offices even more exhausting than doing Tarot readings. And all of what I say here may be just my own perculiarities. :-D Though I do believe a day of Tarot readings need not always be tiring if we find ways to take care of ourselves.

Thanks for stopping by!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Aronjon said...

I think only you can decide whether or not you think you are psychic. Start keeping a dream and vision journal, and go back to it often. You'll start to see a pattern, noe way or the other.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Hi aronjon,

Your comment raises two things for me:

First, I do not have a whole lot invested in being "psychic." I do have a lot invested, however, in continuing to learn about The Tarot and about myself (I now use the Tarot almost entirely for personal growth, i.e. I rarely do readings for others).

Second, the question occurs to me: Does one necessarily have to be "psychic" to do decent readings with The Tarot cards? In my opinion, no. I've watched folk who are admittedly "headblind" (a way of saying that they have no developed intuitive skills or innate "psychic" sensitivities) give good readings by simply referring to the meanings of the cards they get from books.

That is, there's more than one road to a good reading with The Tarot (or any such system, like astrology or Runes, etc.). Some readers are deeply intuitive and/or awesomely "psychic," relying virtually not at all on Tarot book meanings. Others (like myself) use a combination of the intuitive/"psychic" and book meanings. Then others (as I mention above) rely totally on book meanings.

Oh, and by the way, I've been an intensely dedicated dream worker for many decades. (See my dreams & poetry blog for my writing about dreams; I post a poem every day that's dream-based.)

Thanks for stopping by!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home