Tuesday, November 27, 2007

JUDGMENT in The Medieval Cat Tarot

Judgment (XX) in the Medieval Cat Tarot


I stumbled across the above card today online. And the first thing I "heard" was one of Judgment's more traditional meanings: "Call to a new life." (My impending move cross country to California, would you say?) Then I thought that the kitten looks to be flexing its muscles, in a classic body builder pose. On occasion -- when I'm not being anxious and whiney -- I do feel this way. Trying out new muscles -- both literally and figuratively -- even as I am building them by doing all this hard inner and outer work. The two adult cats put me in mind of the High Priestess and the High Priest, guiding and sheltering their anxious, rambunctious child.

By the way, my last few posts here in particular clearly demonstrate how I tend to relate to The Tarot cards. Much like beautiful, endlessly varied Rorschach ink blots, onto which is projected what is urging itself upon consciousness.

Do check out the link above to see a few more of the images from what looks to be a delightful deck, and not just for cat lovers, IMHO. I do not have the Medieval Cat Tarot so have not had the opportunity to see all of it's images. But from what I have seen, I would welcome it in my collection.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

I drew the Judgment card as my daily card today too! It's funny, I mentioned how I thought it looked odd in my deck (Morgan-Greer) that Judgment was spelled without an "e", then I come here and see your card is spelled that way too! Now curiosity is going to waste away a bit of my morning as I go do a survey of my decks! :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

The Tarot amazes me with its consistency. I'll visit to see what you have to say about Judgment.

Actually, the correct spelling of the word is "judgment," no "e" after the "g." But it is frequently mis-spelled, in Tarot and everywhere else. It makes sense given just about every other word with a soft "g" (arrangement and management, for instance) does have an "e" after it. Just another of the many quirks of the English language. :-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

After my post, I had checked my dictionary, and it had both listed as accepted spellings, with "judgement" being a variant of "judgment". Either way, I'm happy with the card today! :) :) Thank you for your kind comments on my post!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Interesting! I was taught judgment was the correct spelling. Ah, well, at the risk of revealing my age (LOL!) this may be an example of how language changes over time.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home