Saturday, November 24, 2007

MAGICIAN/HIGH PRIESTESS in Niki de Saint Phalle's Tarot Garden

Magician/High Priestess in The Tarot Garden in Tuscany, Italy, by Niki de Saint Phalle


As I keep saying in my posts to this and my dreams & poetry blog, "As I was weeding out my files preparing to move to California soon, I came across..." in this instance, pages I'd torn from a magazine many, many years ago of the fabulous Tarot Garden in Tuscany, Italy, created by Niki de Saint Phalle. (See link above, and below under "Resource" for more images and information.)

These larger, nay huger than life Tarot inspired sculptures have always fascinated me whenever I've come across photos of them online or in print. Today, when I found the old article I was particularly struck by the photo of the merged Magician and High Priestess. (That's the Magician's silver head on top of the blue and gaped-mouth High Priestess.) I felt encouraged, as if at present I am like the Magician, working steadily to manifest a new life and home in California. Even as I adjust and respond to the often roiling waves of High Priestess-like intuition underlying and informing all my activity.

And, yes, there's something both a bit funny and grotesque about these images. It fits my experiences during this huge transition in my life. As things come apart and do not yet have a new form, they do seem rather strange, out of kilter, and frequently out-sized. Humor, the joy of where I'm headed, my dreams, and the Tarot help to re-orient me.

* * * *

Resource: The Tarot Garden, has more photos, some close up so you can see the details.

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home