Friday, December 07, 2007

A LITTLE TEMPERANCE MAY BE CALLED FOR....

Temperance in The Maroon Tarot


I ran across the above image today when searching for a Ganesh image I thought I'd placed in a wrong folder (long story). I'd forgotten how beautiful and evocative it is. I'm a bit rushed and bleary-eyed today (all this getting ready to move to California is at a very wearying stage), so decided to leave it up to you, dear reader, to see what this card has to say today.

Then I got Aeclectic Tarot's new Tarot newsletter (visit the site and sign up for it if you haven't already!) and came across another unusual Temperance image, in The Chocolate Tarot:




So when I take my afternoon break (which usually ends with a nap, I'm getting to be such a Crone :-D) I'll definitely meditate a bit on what Temperance has to say to me. As I typed that into blogger, I recalled reading somewhere that Temperance's path on the Qabalistic Tree of Life is the most difficult path of all. Which given how I've been feeling during this preparation to move I could most certainly agree with. :-D However, there's also something about balance of opposites/intensities in this card -- e.g., the RWS images of a volcano and irises:



And even though this balancing may come hard, it will. Oh, well, so much for leaving it all up to you to respond to this card. What can I say? Tarot images can be so compelling and energizing.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep enjoying The Tarot,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)**** SEE ALSO: Roswila’s Dream & Poetry Realm for Tarot poetry and Roswila’s Taiga Tarot for taiga (illustrated tanka).****

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home